- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch or arrowroot powder (or 1/2 cup all-purpose flour)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pre-baked pie shell
- Mix cocoa, cornstarch, beaten egg yolks, sugar, and salt
- Add milk gradually, while stirring, in a pot over med-high heat.
- Cook until thick, beating it smooth. Cream pies take some time to thicken, so stir… and stir (10-15 min). Using a heavy bottom pan really helps. Just keep it up until it thickens.
- Pour into a pre-baked pie shell.
- Put in the fridge to chill.
- Add whipped cream if you like, or use the leftover egg whites for a meringue topping!
You Might also Like