2 3/4 cups 1% milk
1/4cup whipping cream
1 1/4cups finely ground white cornmeal
3 eggs, well beaten
3 Tbs unsalted butter, divided
3 Tbs white sugar
1 3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup corn
- Combine milk and cream in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, whisking occasionally. While whisking, pour in cornmeal in a steady stream. Whisk vigorously to incorporate the cornmeal, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer cornmeal mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add eggs, 2 tablespoons butter, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix on medium speed until uniform and aerated about 15 minutes. Mix in the corn by hand.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly butter a round 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Pour batter into the casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and puffy and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.